The Department of Nutritional Sciences & Toxicology (NST) recognizes, values, and celebrates the unique and diverse members of its community. We strive to provide an inclusive environment and culture, to address existing inequities and systemic biases that have excluded underrepresented groups, and to recruit and support diverse students, staff, and faculty.
NST Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (2022-23 AY)
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee catalyzes the departmental efforts to increase the recruitment and support of diverse students, staff, and faculty; to ensure nondiscrimination in its programs and activities; to promote a culture of equity and inclusion that supports diversity; and to implement best practices that are inclusive for persons marginalized and discriminated against because of their ethnicity, race, nationality, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family structure or relationships, or economic status.
- James Olzmann - Equity Advisor and Chair
- Sona Kang - Faculty representative
- Kaitlyn Vitangcol - Graduate student representative
- Kirandeep Deol - Postdoc representative
Upcoming events of interest
New article from Assoc. Prof. James Olzmann in Molecular Biology of the Cell - "Diversity through equity and inclusion: The responsibility belongs to all of us"
NST Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategic plan
Some relevant campus resources
- Rausser College Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- UC Berkeley’s Division of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Graduate Diversity Program
- Getting Mentoring
- Office for Faculty Equity & Welfare
- Gender Equity Resource Center
- Disabled Students Program
- Multicultural Education Program
- Berkeley International Office
- University of California Diversity
- Othering & Belonging Institute at UC Berkeley
- Restorative Justice Center at UC Berkeley
- Centers for Educational Justice & Community Engagement